IRAs & CDs
An IRA at Peoples Bank of the South is one of the best ways individuals can build a secure retirement fund. Peoples Bank of the South offers an 18 month Variable Rate IRA and a 12 month Fixed Rate IRA.
- No setup fee.
- No maintenance fee.
- Depositors insured by FDIC.
The Roth IRA is a nondeductible account that features tax-free withdrawals for certain distribution reasons after a five-year holding period.
Coverdell Education Savings Account (formerly Education IRA)
The CESA is a nondeductible account that features tax-free withdrawals for a child's education expenses.
Peoples Bank of the South offers the most flexible approach to investing with Certificates of Deposit with a minimum of $1,000, Peoples Bank of the South offers CDs from 91 days to three (3) years.
- Interest may be credited quarterly to the CD, or it may be credited monthly, quarterly, or annually to your Peoples Bank of the South checking account or savings account.
- We can pay interest by check.
- Depositors insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Principal may be withdrawn before maturity with an interest penalty.
Minimum Amounts and Maturity Lengths
- 91 days, 182 days, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months, 30 months, and 36 months requires a CD of $1,000 or more.
Please see your customer service representative at one of our four locations or call 423-562-4921 in LaFollette, 865-457-3500 in Norris/Clinton, or 423-569-2882 in Scott County.